Sunday 21 February 2016

Back to Blogger

I remember writing an answer on Quora- arguing in favor of WordPress over blogger. It was but a mere observation of a non-tech blogger; the tech ones, I reckon would prefer WordPress over the other!



Two years later, I am back to blogger- the reason being "Google".
Google has over the years created an ecosystem that is hard to penetrate- they are everywhere and are likely to get even bigger. I have always been in awe of their tools, and blogger gives me my very own laboratory to try these tools for free! This ecosystem didn't happen over the 2 years- it has been there longer; just that I recently discovered my need to use them!
So,
  • I can now use google analytics and other tools without having to upgrade to a business plan- it is indeed fun to track stats related to your page, isn't it?
  • I can customize the look and feel of my blog (without paying for an upgrade again)
  • I might have some trouble avoiding spam comments with blogger (Wordpress has a pretty good spam avoider in its Askimet), but, this should be taken care of with the comment moderation feature hopefully
  • I might also lose out on the " blogs I like " feature/ the tumblr like blog visibility, but, I guess that's okay....
  • I have the ability to add other trackers such as SumoMe and custom widgets to understand digital media marketing better
and many more maybe!

So, here's to my new blog on blogger!
Keep in touch to read my thoughts on all things business and etcetera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in your thoughts